I want to thank my amazing wife Angela for being there for me. As I look forward to 2013 I plan on pushing farther and harder, perhaps to my wife's dismay. She is the most supportive and encouraging person I have ever met, but the level of training I put in does take away from family time. I thank you Angela, for everything you do for me and all the confidence you instill in me! In 2013 I know that she will have to maintain that level of love and understanding because I am going to push it a bit farther.
In 2013 I want to try to average 40 mile weeks, this will help me prepare for my longer races and put me close to 2000 miles for 2013. I have registered for my first 50M run at The North Face Endurance Challenge on June 1. Don Gidusko will be running by my side for all 50 miles in D.C. after pacing me on my 50K there last year. Too f'n cool! I believe my good buddy Kyle Valkenburg will be running his first trail marathon that day, which is SO rad! He will kill it, I'm sure. He may be taking it to the next level later in the year at the Rock/Creek StumpJump 50K in Tennessee with me, and I would be STOKED! I may also try to find another 50M race or maybe a 24 hour trial run to see just how far I can go; I would be shooting for 100 miles. Other than that, I just wanna have fun! Travel and see some new courses, run more local trails with friends, maybe set a 50K PR.
Here are the runs I'd like to do in 2013:
Ugly Mudder 7M 1/20/13
Chilly Cheeks 7.2M 2/24/13
Iron Masters Challenge 50K 4/28/13
Farm Park Challenge 12 hour 5/4/13
The North Face 50M 6/1/13
Labour Pains 12 hour 9/2/13
Rock/Creek StumpJump 50K 10/5/13
Ghouls & Fools 6.5M night run 10/20/13
No comments:
Post a Comment