Sunday, December 2, 2012

Western States Update



     Next weekend is the raffle drawing for a spot in the 2014 Western States 100 Endurance Run. I have decided to do a little fundraising to buy as many tickets as I can and try to get a spot in the race. I have had two good friends already donate a total of $75, and I just started today. Kyle Valkenburg and, we'll call him Agent H, were very very generous. I really did not expect such levels of donations. The fundraising only lasts until the end of the week, as the drawing is December 8th. If you would like to donate, please feel free to make your way over to GoFundMe and donate $5 or $50 or anywhere inbetween. There are some incentives included for the various levels. Each level has a name that represents the start, an aide station along the course, and the finish line. I'm sorry I cannot offer more interesting incentives, but I promise you will come away with something special - even if it's just a picture, a rock, or a story to tell your friends, "I know this guy that is running 100 miles through the Sierra Nevadas!"
     
Thank you for the consideration and potential donations.


You can feel good about your donation, even if I am not granted registration into this amazing race.  

"All proceeds from the Raffle are used to support Western States medical research and to preserve and maintain the Sierra Nevada trail system."
Also:
Note: Ticket amounts are considered to be a donation to WSERF, a 501(c)3 organization, and as such may qualify for a US federal tax deduction. If you are a winner, however, you can claim only the portion of the total ticket purchase that exceeds the value of the WS entry ($370.) Check with your personal tax adviser for full information.

No comments:

Post a Comment