Monday, June 18, 2012

What a great week...

So, this last week has been pretty good for me as a runner.  An old friend of mine, "Amish" Shultz, has begun to run.  I suggested he try it and it seems as if he is enjoying himself. Way to go Amish!!!  My friend Andrea, who I introduced running to in the spring has just signed up for her second 5K.  What a great thing for her considering she "hates" running.  I guess she enjoyed her first experience in the Bob Potts 5K a month ago.  Way to go Dre!!! Lastly my good friend/brother, Jimmy Andrews, got off his butt today and went for a run.  He ran with me a couple years ago in Maine when I ran to the top of all five peaks of Sunday River ski resort.  The Mountain Epic is a great race, eight miles up and four miles down.  Way to go Jimmy, I'm proud of you for getting out there!!!  One day at a time, one foot in front of the other...  You can do this!

On top of all this amazing news, I had a decent week mileage-wise.  I would have liked to log a few more miles yesterday and added another day of running, but 27 miles is decent.  I am up to 730 for the year. This week I am going to shoot for 35 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment