Sunday, June 3, 2012

The day after....

So, it has been over a year since I posted to my blog here.  In that year I gave up on the fifty mile ultra due to a health issue and set out to train for a 50k trail run.  I finished the 50k North Face Endurance Challenge yesterday at 6:25:59.  It is an incredible accomplishment that I am very proud of; but today, just 24 hours later, I am already looking for my next challenge.  I want to earn a buckle!  A buckle is an award given at some ultra-marathons.  They are belt buckles and are given instead of finisher medals in the form of necklaces similar to Olympic medals.  There are many different buckles out there some for 50, 100, 200 mile races...and beyond actually.  Some are plain and others are very cool!  Several are nearly impossible to attain because they are so desirable, despite the difficulty of the course, that there are lotteries to register for these races.  Here are some examples of the more desirable buckles:

                           Leadville 100 Mile

IMG_0550.jpg


                                                         
                        Western States 100 Mile

wsbronzebuckle.jpg



                            Badwater 146 Mile

bw2007-033.JPG.jpg


 So the question is... "Which race will be my next challenge?"

                         Maybe this one....for my Arizona roots.

Javelina-Jundred-100-Mile-Buckle.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment