I got up today at 7:00am, it was 20 degrees outside. I spent time thinking about a route I may run, but I had no interest in getting my cold weather gear out from the back of my closet. I threw it there last Friday when it was 80 degrees, I was sure I had seen the last of it until October. I sat on the couch, had a cup of coffee and a bagel with Angela until the temperature warmed up to 30 degrees, much better...not really. I started to get ready, despite not feeling like running at all. Angela went to her aunt's house and I headed out the door. I wasn't sure how far I would go, but I started on the route I had layed out earlier in my mind. I turned on Unbreakable on my iPod, the amazing story of a once Olympic runner turned WWII Japanese P.O.W. I was wearing a new pair of shoes, Mizuno Elixir 6's and thinking about my form as I ran. Shorter strides and landing more mid to forefoot like the Tarahurana indians of Mexico. I wasn't trying to do it all the time, but it did work it's way into my form as I ran. I felt really really good at mile ten and began to head home at mile eleven. Got home and although tired, I think I could have done few more... I guess I will see next weekend. Below is the link to the data on Garmin.com:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75175382
My name is Matthew Houseknecht and I am now an ultra-marathoner....where to go from here?! I have moved my training posts and running updates to a blog so that the people who really want to keep informed about my life as a runner can read it. I really felt as if I was posting too much on Facebook and I got to the point that I may have annoyed some people. If you would like to follow me here, I believe you can sign up for email updates... Thanks for your support and checking out my page!
No comments:
Post a Comment