I decided yesterday that I needed to do a long run this weekend of about two hours, for both physical and mental training. I woke up today wondering if I can really do this, the fifty mile run. It seems overwhelming. I find myself rationalizing the distance throughout the day ....it's like running from York to Lancaster and back! ....it's five ten mile runs. ...it's essentially two marathons! ...it will take eight hours at a 9:00 per mile pace!
I had talked about setting a time goal, but today I think finishing is my goal.
Cross
the
Line.
My name is Matthew Houseknecht and I am now an ultra-marathoner....where to go from here?! I have moved my training posts and running updates to a blog so that the people who really want to keep informed about my life as a runner can read it. I really felt as if I was posting too much on Facebook and I got to the point that I may have annoyed some people. If you would like to follow me here, I believe you can sign up for email updates... Thanks for your support and checking out my page!
It's an enormous undertaking, for sure! Take your time man (pace)! Don't overdo it. Do you use gels? Check out Accel Gels. The only gels with protein. They aren't as gross as other gels either. Try the orange flovor. Those things were great when I hiked Rim to Rim (both times).
ReplyDeleteThanks V. I will check them out! Going to use your Honey Stingers today...
ReplyDelete