My name is Matthew Houseknecht and I am now an ultra-marathoner....where to go from here?! I have moved my training posts and running updates to a blog so that the people who really want to keep informed about my life as a runner can read it. I really felt as if I was posting too much on Facebook and I got to the point that I may have annoyed some people. If you would like to follow me here, I believe you can sign up for email updates... Thanks for your support and checking out my page!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Well....
I got in a twelve mile run today. This is my longest distance since returning to running in January after an eight month hiatus. I finished in 1:44:37 (8:39/mi.), which feels pretty good. I wasn't looking at my watch, trying to run 8:00 miles or anything. Today was all about distance, getting in my twelve. I did it. Now, it's only 1/4 of what I have in store in August, but there is a certain sense of accomplishment there. I have minimal training and less than perfect run support as compared to what I will have during the 50. I will continue to push on, working towards a thirty mile training run in mid August. From there, the last twenty is pure mental perseverance. Or so I am told....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment